Reducing our impact on the environment is central to our everyday activities. As a matter of course we are continually finding new ways to reduce energy; minimise waste; recycle materials; source responsibly; avoid pollution, curtail noise and dust and employ sustainable materials in building design.
Sustainability & Waste Reduction
- Our ISO 14001 accreditation has been in place for over 10 years and covers all business operations
- We successfully work with clients to achieve Breeam ‘excellent’ and ‘very good’ ratings and was the first contractor in Romania to achieve a Breeam ‘very good’ rating on the refurbishment of AIG offices
- We have a dedicated Sustainability Manager and environmental team
- We develop site waste management plans for all projects through the BRE Smartwaste system
- All the timber we use is specified from legal and a sustainable chain of custody sources
- We are signatories to the Halving waste to landfill commitment
- Last year’s recycling statistics for our fit out projects achieved an average of 97%, exceeding our target of 95% recycling rates
Carbon emissions & energy efficiency
We play our part in reducing carbon emissions to help tackle climate change.
- We are currently investigating energy efficiencies in our offices to include upgrading to more efficient boilers, installing energy efficient lighting, reducing our travel and implementing a cycle to work scheme
- Our Sustainability Manager helps our clients to align their sustainability goals to current industry best practice. Low carbon consultants design and in house energy assessor- qualified to provide expert advice on carbon minimisation in buildings during design or refurbishment
- We have successfully worked with clients and the Carbon Trust to deliver significant carbon and cost savings
- For ASDA, we produced thermal modelling to identify leaks and protect against significant energy loss
- When we refurbish buildings or develop new ones, we consider water-efficiency measures e.g. reusing water (for example, rainwater)